itmeJP Community

Adam will you be allowing some or all of the new available races in Volo's Guide to Monsters?

dungeons-and-dragons
court-of-swords

(Twitch: eyearcana) #1

@AdamKoebel This book comes out next Friday to some FLGS stores. They are adding a number of new playable races. Will you allow these races as new players join Court of Swords or when a character dies? There are seven confirmed races so far as seen below. I realize you may not allow Goblins but the Firebolg might be cool. I think it would be really interesting to see a new race in this campaign.

-Aasimir
-Goblins
-Orcs
-Kenku
-Tavaxi
-Tritons
-Firbolg

Here is a preview of the Firebolg:

(banned) #2

I think I remember him telling Max that he'd let him change out to full blooded Orc when the guide came out.

But even then in the CoS Elves are a recently discovered race, so they're technically new. So new that you can't play them.

(Twitch: eyearcana) #3

That's cool, Firebolgs are actually in the Giant family and not Elves although they take their names.

(AdamKoebel) #4

I'll have to take a look at them and see! I suspect probably at least a few.

(Twitch: eyearcana) #5

Cool man, thanks for replying!

(Theusfilipe) #6

Now that it's out. What's your take on it? I think kobolds are not making an appearance since they are more bestial in the setting but what about the rest?

(Zandivya) #7

Another thing to consider is that monster races may not follow the Tarrot like the rest of the Courts. I suspect that would make for some friction (unless they're a colonialized people).

(banned) #8

I'd think that monsters have an "alignment" similar to the fire, water, earth, air, and mara. Meaning that courts have a favored group of creatures and disliked groups.