itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

Rollplay Swan Song Fan Novel

Hi!

I’m currently 40,000 odd words into NaNoWriMo 2016, with my novel taking place (with some strategic creative license) in the Swan Song universe.

Nearly done in terms of word count - the aim for NaNoWriMo is to write 50,000 words in November - so when I am happy with it, I will be looking to post that bad boy online somewhere

In short - watch this space!

10 Likes

Looking forward to it!

2 Likes

Yes please! How far are you planning to dive into the series? All the way through to the last ep?

1 Like

I’ve played with the timeline a bit so that it fits in with Episode 50.

The book itself focuses on a few of the factions as they respond to the destruction of Kamna and the ongoing march of the Warmind.

Most of the characters are originals - a less-than-confident Richardson weapons technician, a member of Pfotenhauer’s Maltech Division and a couple of others who I may reveal later on :grin:

As of right now, I am 46k words in, and around 3/4 finished.

Look out for more posts about The Fretheim Phenomenon at the end of November!

2 Likes

Just a quick update - NaNoWriMo is over, and the final word tally is 60,033! Just the big boss battle to write, then a tweak, then I will be looking to put this up somewhere!

1 Like

A quick update - the first draft of my Swan Song Novel is complete! (All 68,000 words of it :open_mouth: ) :smiley: With the announcement of the live show in Feb, I’m hoping to get this tidied up a bit and put up somewhere for people to read before then!

5 Likes

This sounds awesome!

Can’t wait to check it out.

1 Like

Schweeeeeeeeet!!!(I don’t like that minimum 20 characters thing; sometimes all you need is one word)

2 Likes

:\DECRYPTING… … …

Kamna should have fixed it.

Kamna didn’t fix it.

And now, Asgard Sigma is dying.

The entire Sector looks towards Richardson Scientific for salvation, whilst the Warmind has returned to his destructive ways, intent on destroying the universe before the laws of nature even have a chance.

Humanity is doomed.

Unless he can be found.

… … …END OF MESSAGE ONE

:\DECRYPTING

: \PROFILE FOUND

:\PROFILE\OVERLOOKED_GENIUS

Name: Doctor Hashim Sadiq

Homeworld: Hoveyda

Known Affiliates: Richardson Scientific Society

Notable Achievements: Youngest ever person to hold the role of Senior Engineering Technician

If there was a movie, would be played by: Kal Penn

Least likely to say: “I came for the beer and the bitches!”

Most likely to say: “If you could just- let me- oh. Over there? Ok. I’ll get out of your way. S-sorry for the trouble.”

Asgard Sigma is dying, and its only hope might be the brilliant minds at Richardson Scientific. At such a desperate time, even Dr Sadiq- a modern day weapon smith used to bringing destruction, not fleeing it- wants to play his part. Except the role he has been asked to play doesn’t quite line up with his expectations…

:\PROFILE END

:\AWAITING NEW PROFILE… … …

:\PROFILE\GALLANT_MALTECHNICIAN

Name: Mr Calvin

Homeworld: Asa

Known Affiliates: The Pfotenhauer Society

Notable Achievements: Senior member of Pfotenhauer’s Maltech Division. Captain of The Ataraxia

If there was a movie, would be played by: A red-bearded James McAvoy

Least likely to say: “Leave them! It’s too dangerous.”

Most likely to say: “We save them all or we die trying!”

AsgaRd Sigma is dying. The Warmind is on the loose. Pirates. The pressure on the Pfotenhauer Society has never been greater. With resources stretched and multiple threats, the task of taking down the Warmind has been handed to Mr Calvin. As both a Maltechnician and a Black Ops Soldier, he seems perfectly suited to the job, if he can keep his intellectual curiosity in check.
First stop: Sigrid.

:\PROFILE\ACOLYTE_OF_THE_INTELLECT

Name: Élise Beaumont

Homeworld: Cabral

Known Affiliates: The Intellect

If there was a movie, would be played by: Famke Janssen

Least likely to say: “That’s it! I give up!”

Most likely to say: “Hold my coat while I kick this guy’s ass, s’il vous plait.”

AsgaRd SiGma is dying. With the end of the universe at hand, The Luminary has disbanded, each member keen to secure their own survival. For The Intellect, this means entrusting one of his most faithful with an important task.

With her advanced psychic powers and high calibre military training, only Élise can do it.

Only Élise can find The Rook.

:\PROFILE\PeRiMetER_AgEnT_ScUm

Name: Bo Buchler

Homeworld: Elouahaba

Known Affiliates: The Perimeter Agency

If there was a movie, would be played by: Stephen Chow

Least likely to say: “Why don’t you and your AI friend come round for dinner?”

Most likely to say: “I’ll deal with this alone.”

ASgaRd SiGmA is DyiNg. As usual, the AI are to blame. Since L’Enfant escaped their grasp, they have been quiet. Waiting. Now they have a lead. One which could help them find and erase the most elusive AI of their time.

Agent Bo Buchler is their best. Cold hearted and stony faced, Agent Buchler embodies everything that The Perimeter Agency could ask for. It is only fitting that he should be tasked with striking the final blow.

:\FINAL PROFILE DOWNLOADING… … …

:\PROFILE\First_of_The_Enlightened

Name: Freija Skarsdottir

Homeworld: Sigrid

Known Affiliations: ThE WeLL of MemORy

If there was a movie, would be played by: Alexa Gerasimovich

Least likely to say: “Mother, why do we even need psychics?”

Most likely to say: “I-I cAn s-SaV-vE Ev-Ev-EV-erY-"

ALL HaiL ThE WaRmInD

:\SOON

It’s here!

And the password to get the pdf is [spoiler]C@nTaL0p3[/spoiler]

Hopefully 5 days is enough to read it before the live show!

Let me know how it reads (if everyone thinks it’s crap, I’ll just change the title to include ‘Early Access’ :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

[spoiler]Ok, so I’ve read a little bit, and just want to say I love Freija! The shit she does is so terrifying and badass.
I made a quick little sketch of her. (I don’t know why she’s force pushing one of her own soldiers)

Can’t wait to read more when I have time.
[/spoiler]

2 Likes

Ahh so good! :smiley: She’s so badass she can force push whoever she likes lol

1 Like

It took me way too long to realize what the password actually was cantalope. I’ve only typed in 900 times lol. Still reading my way through, very well done.

1 Like