itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

Nebula Jazz Shirt Concept

I like it, though personally I think the green contrasts a bit too much with the whole image style. I’d try to make it blend more, somehow. One tweet mentions making the slime a transparent layer.

i’d maybe trying to find fonts that both compliment and evoke the feeling of each word, both Nebula and Jazz, to me don’t speak out to being scratched up or damaged.
I love the iconography for each character and overall layout though!

i like the concept but i think we are too soon into the show to have something that characterize it at first glance, like the we’re so f*** or bomb threat thingy

It might be too busy. Maybe a more minimalist approach would fit better? (I feel that was very unhelpful)

2 Likes

I think the slime needs a little more work, but I think the shirt is ALMOST there. I otherwise love it, especially after changing the shark tooth at the top into a shark jaw at the bottom. Once the slime part gets perfected this shirt is gonna be aces

I really like it! It has a great vibe of an 80’s -90’s after school cartoon!

Bumping this because JP posted a new update on his twitter. I think it looks nearly perfect now, if any shirt benefited from being in color, it was this one. It fits the tone of the show very well.

The ONLY critique I have is I think you should remove the black outline on the shine on the goggles. So it’s colored in a similar way to the slime. I hope @itmeJP sees this!

edit: well and also “jazz” should probably not be grey, but I don’t know what color it should be. Pink? Purple?

4 Likes

I feel like it should be Jacksonian Red. It’s such a criminally smooth color.

Everything looks better with pink!

Just means more colors though.

2 Likes

oh yeeeeah that’s some good shit right there! Alternately if you don’t want to add more colors you could do the yellow that’s already on there instead

the pink looks rad! And the shirt in general.

Looks like there’s more detail work on the slime, which is nice.

I didn’t feel like making a whole topic about this, but I’m really disappointed that the shirt is another limited time shirt. I never have money for the shirts anytime one of these shirts goes up. By the time I have money the sale period is over. It’s frustrating to have missed out on Mirrorshades and Swan Song, and yet again now with Nebula Jazz. I mean it seems like that’s just kind of how teespring operates and in that case, maybe teespring’s not the best choice.

I’m just really not a fan of limited time stuff like that. On the other hand I have no idea how much fulltime things cost so I understand if it being an all the time thing is just too costly, but it’s still disappointing

I really don’t want to tell you what to do, but if you have had this issue more than once, you might want to invest in a “t-shirt emergency fund”!
Also keep in mind that previous shirts might reappear in a flash sale…

…so maybe save a bit of money for november (here’s to hoping we get it again this year) :itmejpcute::itmejpgg:

It’s not a limited time shirt. That’s just the format teespring operates off of. It will perpetually renew everytime the sale ends.

That’s good to hear! I didn’t realize that’s how teepspring worked (why… does it work like that if the shirt is permanent, just remove the countdown from the page, Teepspring…devs)

And Mirrorshades and Swan Song shirts are being added on there too! Rejoice!

2 Likes