itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[FAR VERONA // E08 // Q&A] Nakatomi Space

Oh, yeah I just wanted to see which side got hit with the spotlight. They could try and run or something but whew, that feels like a bad call to me…

2 Likes

I suppose it’ll be schroedinger’s tracker, won’t it?

2 Likes

Alright, cool. That’s exactly the answer I was looking for. Thanks Adam :slight_smile:

1 Like

FYI it looks like the players didn’t update their character Attack Bonus when they leveled up.
For partial warrior (Booker and Riley) it should be +2 (+1 extra at level 1 and half their level rounded down) and for the non partial warrior it should be +1 (half their level rounded down and no extra bonus). Yeah it’s easy to forget.

5 Likes

Favorite episode so far.

Know I’m late to the party. Just caught up with this episode and was thinking… has anyone ever figured out why the party keeps having the person with the least hit points (namely: Nomi) up front whenever they’re walking in file? I mean, they had a few ablative wounds (uhm, I mean soldiers) with them the whole time. :smile:

Impulsiveness and forgetfulness.

This group really can’t catch any breaks and Yancey is probably correct that Booker is in something very deep if/when he makes it back to the ship

As a player: I totally thought it was very bad idea to have Nomi go first. As a character: There’s no way Riley would have been in front, heading up the group. She’s not in that sort of leadership position. Therefore it kind of fell between Nomi and Jaycen and I think Anne saw our silence and stepped up the plate, haha. Poor Anne.

2 Likes

Oh, Riley should not have been the one going first either, that’s for sure. As you say, it would not make sense for the character.

I mention impulsiveness because Anne took an impulsive decision there. As far as I could tell from her body language and reaction, she became impatient with the silence and indecision and stepped up despite it not being a good idea. And I mention forgetfulness because, as you guys said on the post show discussion, you forgot you had two NPC’s with you that should have taken the lead there.

Of course it’s easy for us to say this in chat or here. Hindsight is 20/20 right? And we are not in your shoes, with the pressure to make these decisions as quickly as you can so that the show keeps pace and remains entertaining. It’s easy to forget these other two characters are there or to forget you can actually decide that they are the ones going first, specially when Adam’s question is kinda leading one of you to take the lead and when he doesn’t remind you that you have other options (which should not be his responsibility, to be fair).

Don’t know if my previous answer sounded judgemental but my intention was just to point out the two things that lead to that specific circumstance, the impulsive decision and the forgotten npc’s. :itmejpgg:

1 Like

Was Nomi out of the points required to use her precog ability?

I loved Nomi stepping up, though the result kinda shows the danger of lacking the precog “Terminal Reflection” ability which that lets you spot these things ahead of time.

1 Like

Thus is the danger when you multi - dip into psionics. Have a level in bio to get that extra dice to heal. Got a level in pre-cog to ask a question 1 minute beforehand. And a level in mind reading (whatever that one is called). If she focused on 1 specific psionic instead, she would then start to get the good stuff. Her choice tho.