itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[Court of Swords E22 Q&A] Hail to the King, Baby

For sure, there’s no doubt you can do much worse than copying the game style of CoS. I was just pointing out, for someone that apparently never GMed, that there are several parameters that make CoS work and might not work as well for other groups.

Dumb question and I know we’re already on to the new episode. Did we see what happened to the Fire Giant? It’s possible I spaced at that point.

I don’t think we saw anything about him or the entity that seemed to be in control of everything down there.

I already did saves a lot fo time

1 Like

this is why i love you, dan.

2 Likes

I’m slowly getting caught up with COS. Have you been using deadly or hard rating encounters? At times it seems like basic d&d with how often characters drop to 0 or flat out die.

He’s said he uses mostly deadly, I believe recently he used a hard.

IF you can figure out what’s what this beautiful tool:

CLICK FOR KOBOLDS

can help you work out encounter difficulty.

I checked a few encounters when playing around with it (like the spiders) and they were mostly in the hard range.

spoilers til 26:
[spoiler]Now the group has higher AC it looks like we will see more deadly encounters as creature attack modifiers have fallen behind[/spoiler]

Hey Adam,
I was just curious which character sheet you use for Court of Swords, and I assume all of your other Roll play shows.

the built-in Roll20 SRD sheet!

Alright Thanks! keep up the good work!