itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

/r/itmejp BANNED from Reddit 3 hours ago!

So I have no info on this whatsoever, I just went to access /r/itmejp as per usual and was met with this message:

"(Picture of Banhammer)

This community has been banned.

This community has been banned for violating the Reddit rules

Banned 3 hours ago"
(@12:28 GMT, 06/11/2016)

Anyone got any info on this? Maybe SRD will pick it up at some point or maybe JP can give us some insight here?

There is so much collective fantastic content spanning years worth of Rollplay (since before it even started!) it would be a crushing blow to lose it - almost ALL Rollplay community content is now GONE - FOREVER - if this remains banned.

I can’t even imagine how the subreddit would have been suddenly banned after so many years of being active.

Does anyone know anything about this? Google’s coming up empty. :confused:

2 Likes

Just tagging @TwitchSurgeon to make sure he sees this

Just a reminder that the reddit was being used as an archive for all the content. Read more about that here:

https://community.itmejp.com/t/reddit-archives/123

It is a bit bewildering as to the reason why it would be banned. Granted I don’t frequent the site so I would not know.

Edit: May I just advice to not panic at the moment, and wait for more information

I mean, the sub was basically just a big read-only ad telling people to come here, with that big banner. That might’ve very well fallen in with Reddit’s definition of spam.

Specifically the first point stands out to me.

3 Likes

Eh, that would have been the community from the get go. Seems weird they would only ban it now.

I imagine it’s less “We think this constitutes as spam” and more of “we don’t like you attracting away our membership base.” Which is stupid because pretty much everyone would still use reddit, just for other things.

But it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve seen mods and admins of a community get petty over something.

1 Like

They might not have noticed it earlier. I highly doubt they periodically go through every little sub to look for rule violations all the time. I would assume someone reported the sub.

Yeah well a comment above by @moenoel_ maybe gives some insight as to why it was banned.

At the same time I’m pretty salty for the reason you’ve given above @NoorElBahrain I loved reading through the old posts and seeing all the great content created by the community, it was funny, inspiring and insightful.

Unless something is done about this it’s all just… gone. It’s lost on a random spattering of imgur pages many of which are years old and I see no hope of retrieving them if this is the case.

An absolute travesty.

Not only this but any future viewers who might check out reddit/r/itmejp (as the most obvious place to go - and I can’t say this site is easy to find or even containing close the same amount of community content for people watching shows already aired), they probably never will get to experience the community in the same way, and I feel like that is a major part of the entire Rollplay experience.

I don’t want to be melodramatic and I don’t want to say that it will seriously harm Rollplay - BUT not having a reddit page and not having any access all of that fantastic content… I just don’t have words for the potential damage it could cause to publicity and nostalgia for current viewers and former viewers alike.

3 Likes

Indeed it was reported. We know who did it. Won’t reveal name. The person thought that they would be able to take control over the subreddit it but instead ended up removing your content.

As for publicity I wouldn’t worry too much. If someone wanted to create a new subreddit they’re more than allowed to do so. The community is here for those that wants to get deeper into the community. Everyone is the community this place is just our preferred place since the guidelines and structure aligns better with what we want to do in the future. The focus was to build something new so while it’s sad about your content we’re here to build new content with you.

1 Like

dammit this sucks…

There were great Stars Without Number posts on the subreddit, that i often googled to get a link to a useful tool :frowning:

@TwitchSurgeon so… it’s all gone indefinitely?

It’s pretty easy to find. It’s in the title of every itmeJP cast, shoutout on stream and tweets. Eventually it will start track on google as well.

Looks like it. As I said we know how did it and it wasn’t our purpose to do remove it. Sadly it has happened all we can do is move forward at this point. I’ll see what can be done about it in the meantime.

Okay! I hope you guys know what you’re doing!

Cheers for the reply!

You had me panicking but this link is still there:

Were there any tools you could only find via the subreddit?

I feel you! If there’s something you’re missing create a topic and I’m sure the community, cast members and GM’s will come to your aid :smiley: That’s what we’re here for!

Oh the irony. :itmejpfml:

4 Likes

Ya, I have that bookmarked and just yesterday a friend was asking for resources for his SWN game.

This really sucks. Is there any way we can get into contact with the admins to find out why it was banned and at least get a backup of the content?

I did some research and found this 3 posts above yours. :itmejphappy:

Ya, but the link to the Faction Sheet links to /r/itmejp…which is now FUCKED.

Quest get! Let’s find the MVP who has the google drive link!

Well wasn’t our intention to close it. Was convinced by those that wanted to stay on reddit only, and that kept saying that having two places would split the community.

Will close this topic if this keeps going off-topic. Looking forward rather than looking backwards.

This faction sheet?

I dont have a clean one my copy is full of my own campaign

3 Likes