itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

Nebula Jazz fanimation

So after watching a little Nebula Jazz, I was kind of inspired to mess around with ToonBoom again and animate a tiny clip. My backgrounds sort of suck, my conceptual creature stuff is hit and miss, but my ability to waste time doing random stuff like this is always on point yo.

46 Likes

I’m giggling p hard over here.

11 Likes

Omg The little slimes that fall off and crawl back are just perfect!

8 Likes

:itmejplol: :itmejpmlg: Thanks a lot for sharing.

1 Like

Hope you have more time to waste cause this was great :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha this is great! Nice job

1 Like

hey duder! check your direct messages on the site :smiley:

6 Likes

Cool stuff, I’ll have to take a look at ToonBoom myself

Cool man. I need more Toonboom bro’s. Let me know if you have any questions. I use Toonboom Harmony Premium. They have a free 30 day trial if you want to check it out. If you are coming from flash,/animate there are several videos on that.

Also, thank you everyone for the compliments on this uploaded wackiness. I’d like to try something a bit longer next time. This was sort of the toe in the water test. The hardest part I find is several really funny moments of dialogue contain cross talking with narrated detail like “while he is saying that im doing stuff” That’s sort of why I didn’t really finish out the rest of the scene. Kutul’s joke about the mold seemed like a funny enough moment to end it.

I’m guessing that JP wouldn’t happen to record each audio source separately and have that saved eh? That would be pretty awesome for animated stuff. I imagine it would cause only heartache and chaos for every other aspect of his production though.

A guy can dream!

Finally, I have to know, @AdamKoebel was the “you’re a sight for sore eyes” you being clever?(the character has so many eyes) or was that just a happy coincidence? I found it pretty funny anyways.

1 Like

If Jp asks to the players to record from their microphone it might be possible, maybe?

After receiving a lot of encouragement to do a follow up animation and getting a good start on Rex, I was crushed. Not in any kind of emotional way, but literally crushed.

I was carrying a 40 pound sulcata tortoise and I fell onto the cement. No, that’s not a strange new meme. The tortoise is fine as he had my fingers cushioning him from hitting the cement. His wellbeing came at the cost of mine however. I broke my ring finger top digit, and bruised the hell out of 4 other fingers. So I guess this will have to wait.

It really sucks to get going on something and be suddenly artificially haulted. So sometime around when I can make a fist with out being in pain, I’ll try to finish this off. Blah.

4 Likes

that’s harsh, hope you’ll recover soon!

I hope you get well soon :itmejps::itmejpheart:

Hope the hand heals up fast! Good for you for saving the tortoise :kissing_heart:

All I can say is “yowzah”. Hope everything heals up well.

Although, there is a little irony. No one likes lizard people, and then a giant reptile breaks your hand while you’re just helping it.

Okay, sorry. Bad joke’s gone.

Irony was the time I was 9 years old and fell onto a “careful” sign. I ended up with 9 stitches on my leg, but the most painful part was hearing the laughter of the doctor and my father as i was stitched up.

2 Likes

Fair enough (character limit)

Sorry to hear that buddy. I hope you’ll recover soon.
Because we needs those fine animations! I mean… Because i care about your wellbeing… Or something :p.
Nah seriously, that sucks. Take care!