itmeJP Community

Ice_poseidon Ban and IRL streaming

(RaevnEldaer) #41

He has also blacklisted himself with the FBI and local police. The fbi have been looking for the people harassing him for a while now.

(banned) #42

Well yes, you can't do stuff like this without getting on to a few lists.

Again you keep refering to these people as hackers, have they actually done any hacking? Because calling in a threat does not make one a hacker. Swatting isn't hacking either.

(It's Alive, It's Alive, IT'S ALIVE!!!!) #43

Personally speaking. I don't believe ice is a martyr, I think he was very foolish giving away his location, he has had people hounding the places he goes to eat, what the hell did he expect to happen when he went to a secure zone such as an airport?

If he is a martyr wouldn't that mean he went out to push the boundaries of what is allowed on Twitch and then got banned for breaking them to show the rules are silly? If so pushing the bounds in a fucking airport is not being a martyr, it's being a fucking idiot. You want to push the rules of what is allowed on twitch? Don't do it where A) there are LEO with guns B) everyone is on edge C) disruption can cause 100's of people to be inconvenienced not just yourself. But that's just my personal opinion on that point. Let's try and keep the "drama" out of this as it will go down hill very quickly.

(banned) #44

Yeah in the right circumstances can't he be sued for this?

(It's Alive, It's Alive, IT'S ALIVE!!!!) #45

Ain't a lawyer (but play one on TV). It would come done to intent. But with civil cases pretty much anyone can sue anyone else for anything. (What's to stop another passenger claiming his actions fucked my plans so I could bring a civil case against him for I dunno let's say loss of earnings cause he made me late for work) Will be dismissed at the first possible moment? Will it cost more to litigate then I could receive as an award? Who knows?

(RaevnEldaer) #46

In this google search you can see some of what he'-s said but he deleted all of his correspondence on twitter. But this is the ''hacker'' I'm calling him that based on what i've read on his twitter previously. He has been selling illegal software through twitter and also hacked the webcamera of a streamer on twitch and broadcast him while he was having sex.Did Not check out what happened to that streamer... But yeah, hence hackers. He also bragged about hacking the airport records to figure out where he was I think.

https://www.google.no/search?q=kenny+%40whatps2&oq=kenny+%40whatps2&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i58j69i61l2&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

(RaevnEldaer) #47

The problem is he hasn't broken any rules though.

(RaevnEldaer) #48

Tweeted some streamers affiliated with itmejp and asked them to chime in here, they just said no ;( Jp probably hates me now for making such a mess here. Rip. But I still think its a very important topic, regardless of who is to blame or what those consequences are for twitch and ice_poseidons

(banned) #49

You do not have to break a rule for twitch to ban you. That's the crux of it.

And if they aren't commenting on it then let it be. We don't have any idea if twitch sent out an internal email or something like that. So they either don't want to or have been requested to not. Both are equally feasible for something like this to me since it hit the mainstream media.

You haven't made a mess you brought up a discussion point nothing wrong with that.

(RaevnEldaer) #50

But you have to agree it sets a dangerous precedent, not even talking about Ice here. But what if someone swats jp or any other streamers till they get banned or hacks someone's twitch account and posts or airs racist stuff.
Are you going to say twitch can drop them whenever they want then? Or is it just with ice, because your in the opinion hes to blame for his fanbase acting like this? I understand how someone would be of that opinion from the outside looking in though, which in regards to ice is sorta the problem. Anyway.

There ARE other IRL streamers who are going through the same stuff, some of them to some degree from the same viewer base. But not to the extent ice poseidon does. Whats to say this or something even worse could not happen to the other IRL streamers at any point?

(Twitch: uzling) #51

First of all I must say I find it very extream that you felt you needed to delete your account on twitch. 2nd whatevah you or anyone feels about this case it realy comes down to one thing. Twitch can do whatevah the fuck they want, if its wrong/right or plain unfair dosent mean shit. Its thier platform and if they want to ban someone they will do it no matter what reason there is.

I dont know this streamer, and from what iv seen from stuff posted in this post I can only say for me personaly I find thies things silly and in no way interresting. If the dude should have been banned or not is again 100% up to the ppl that own twitch as its thier company.

(RaevnEldaer) #52

First of all I must say I find it very extream that you felt you needed to delete your account on twitch.

yee... The whole deleting my account thing, I was drunk when this happened. I regret it, but you know, solidarity and moral consistency and all that bs... sucks though...

I dont know this streamer, and from what iv seen from stuff posted in this post I can only say for me personaly I find thies things silly and in no way interresting. If the dude should have been banned or not is again 100% up to the ppl that own twitch as its thier company.

Well which streams you find silly or not shouldn't matter. A lot of people including myself enjoy his content.
Yes they can do what the fuck they want. Doesn't mean its necessarily the right action fro twitch to take and as an active user of twitch I'd like to chime in if I think something big is going on that could harm the platform as a whole.

(banned) #53

JP isn't stupid enough to give anyone enough information to swat him.

Yes I will say twitch can drop anyone they want whenever they want because they have a right to. They are an employer and can make such decisions as they see fit. There's not a Stremer's Union or something to protect them, so that's just what happens.

I don't have to like it to accept it for the situation that it is.

Ice seems, as far as I can tell, at least partially to blame. Because he kept giving this information out over and over.

Yeah as mentioned elsewhere someone's probably gonna get killed or at least seriously injured on IRL one of these days. It's gonna get worse before it gets better unless Twitch shuts this sort of thing down harsh and fast.

(RaevnEldaer) #54

Yeah as mentioned elsewhere someone's probably gonna get killed or at least seriously injured on IRL one of these days. It's gonna get worse before it gets better unless Twitch shuts this sort of thing down harsh and fast.

This is my point, they need to come out officially on this ban specifically to de-incentivise this sort of behaviour from viewers. Sucks if Ice is gone, both for him and his fans. But twitch still needs to address the bigger picture to protect future streamers in similar situations. AND to protect themselves and amazon as a brand to. These things don't look good from a mainstream perspective. Which is probably the biggest and most reasonable reason for why they want to keep Ice banned now.

JP isn't stupid enough to give anyone enough information to swat him.

But anyone streaming on IRL is? That's not fair.

If itmejp was IRL streaming he could have faced the same type of stuff, and he wouldn't be able to protect his location most likely. It probably wouldnt have happened in and airport though:S .

If you're saying anyone using IRL are to dumb to protect themselves properly, then the entire IRL section is just streamer bait and waiting to get banned, if that's the case just remove the section right??

(RaevnEldaer) #55

If twitch isnt wiling to take the risk that IRL brings with it then just shut it down.

(It's Alive, It's Alive, IT'S ALIVE!!!!) #56

Doesn't matter, Its Twitch's House they can set what ever rules like like. Their rules can not override law, Their rules may make the company look unfavourable to others but they are free to have them.

I run a number of servers, I can make the rule that I will not sell space or bandwidth or any of my other services to people named Paul and if you lie on your account creation and say your name is Dave instead and I later find out its Paul I am free to terminate your account there and then. Now such a rule is fucking silly to have but I am free to put it in place. (Dam it, I should of used Regi instead of Paul. You get to live for another day @ReginaldXIV #BlameRegi).

Partners also have a contract with Twitch which sets out things like the payment share, if they are allowed to stream on other platforms and the like. Most of these contracts will include a clause like "If you bring Twitch into disrupt (which can even see set by the company in question) then this contract terminates" heck I've seen contacts that one party can terminate for no reason. That would be something between the streamer and Twitch and its not a "one size fits all" contracts for every partnered streamer on Twitch.

So Twitch can terminate pretty much any streamers account for any reason they see fit. May it make the company look bad to others if a Streamer was banned for I dunno... lets say having the name Regi (Muhahahah)? sure, but its within there rights as a company to do so.

Yeah I'm going to advise you not to do that. We don't want other people pestered about this just yet, JP is not at his desk atm and in the time you have asked to have this topic brought up on the show, asked for twitch staff to come on and pointed other streamers to this thread all JP has been AFK and not had chance to even read your first request. JP has good ties to streamers and he can reach out to them on his own, he doesn't need anyone holding his hand there. While you are free to message who ever you want within reason (You gotta stick to the rules of each of the messaging platforms obv), just be aware that it may not come across as you intend.

Twitch can drop your account for any reason they like. Doesn't matter what they did or didn't do. THAT SAID. If someone broke into JP twitter account and posted stuff and Twitch said "We can not have that on our platform" JP can appeal the ban, he could present evidence that logins to his twitter account (twitter will show you your account history and it can be granted to be seen by others if needed) happened from locations outside the norm, (not his phone, his laptop, his browser, not from the geo location of his IP's twitch will also see if he was streaming at the same time, soing probable cause that JP was in fact not in two places at once), he deleted such tweets, such tweets were not in his writting style and so it was not him who said those things. Twitch could then make a choice to unban or not, but JP has not legal right to stream on twitch or that account.

They should A) secure their accounts and devices B) present said info I suggested above to twitch to "clear there name" that some "hacker" broke into their account.

He hired me :wink: (Had to throw some humour in this thread somewhere).

How? Suggest they don't do the behaviour they are doing? If a streamer disregards such advice then Twitch have to protect their brand and remove said streamer from the platform. Which is what they did. The "protect streamers" is a great request and all but I see very few people actually suggesting how they should protect them? (And this is from other streamers, not just this one instance)

Now, I've got work to get done so leaving this thread for now.

(banned) #57

I'm not saying that every IRL streamer is stupid or anything, but any streamer that gives enough info to get swatted isn't protecting themselves in an intelligent manner.

JP isn't a IRL streamer so it doesn't matter.

I'm not saying that at all, I'm saying if IRL is going to stay a thing then streamers need to smart up.

(RaevnEldaer) #58

I understand and agree with all of that. But even from a twitch perspective its dangerous to let stuff like this go on, unmentioned. It can only lead to higher bigger dangers in the future both for twitch and for the streamers. So what I am saying is, whatever streamer we are discussing This subject should be thoroughly discussed.

I feel like you dodging my question though Tbh.

Would you agree; that it should addressed if for no other reason than to prevent future incidents on the platform?
Btw Not saying that Jp Needs to discuss it, i'm talking about twitch as a company now not jp(would be nice on a talkshow about twitch related topics though, hmmm makes you think).

Yeah I'm going to advise you not to do that. We don't want other people pestered about this just yet, JP is not at his desk atm and in the time you have asked to have this topic brought up on the show, asked for twitch staff to come on and pointed other streamers to this thread all JP has been AFK and not had chance to even read your first request. JP has good ties to streamers and he can reach out to them on his own, he doesn't need anyone holding his hand there. While you are free to message who ever you want within reason (You gotta stick to the rules of each of the messaging platforms obv), just be aware that it may not come across as you intend.

Hope I dont rub people the wrong way. Dont wanna cause any drama just make some noise and get the problems out the for discussion. Ive only tweeted this forum to a couple of streamers. But I dont have followers so no one will see that other than the tweeted unless they responds so hopefully it all good :frowning:
EDIT: Deleted all my tweets so it doesnt bring negative attention here or worse on me :open_mouth:

Just think its a shitty situation and I dont want to learn about something horrible happening down the line and feel like I told you so :S

(banned) #59

Nobody's perfect. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(RaevnEldaer) #60

If nothing else I've learned a ton today about what considered rude and not rude when trying to promote an opinion online