itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[updated] CoS Week 29 will be on April 7th 2017

God I feel like an addict going through withdrawal symptoms. I’ve been checking the schedule every 2-3 hours for over a week now. I’m not saying that I’m ready but I’m getting close to pulling a Jennifer Connelly in Requiem for a Dream just to get another episode :wink:

1 Like

If someone is proving as hard schedule as it is right now, it might be better to just drop the guest, if you want to keep momentum up in the show. Now these two last shows there was nothing to be done. Dan was pretty darn sick, but we are now past the 3 shows that the guest was signed up for, so it’s not hard to imagine that scheduling will be a real nightmare from now on, since the three weeks first agreed to have passed.

It would be a regrettable but understandable decision, depending on if you want to focus on weekly episodes or loyalty to the guests and so on.

Again, this is only speculation. I by no means suggest the situation is like this, so I do apologize if this comes across as hostile in any manner, this is just my analysis of the situation.

If the guest was the problem, possibly. That said, here the problem has mostly been complications with JP’s forced move. The Nebula Jazz broadcast ended up dropping out yesterday because the computer he was using couldn’t keep up, and as a result, today’s broadcast of Blades was canceled as a precaution.

Morgan Webb has only been on one episode, and her second episode has been scheduled for the 29th since the 13th, which was only 6 days after the last episode.

Or let me rephrase, that was when @NoorElBahrain posted this topic. It might have been decided sooner.

So at this point, 13 days later, with three scheduled days to go, the only reason to complain that it hasn’t happened is because of a lack of patience.

Chances are, if it isn’t on schedule this time, it’s because JP is still having pc problems.

So everyone should just calm down and relax. Treat it like a tv show where they’ll spontaneously take two to three weeks in between new episodes. Or a BBC show where they take years in between seasons.

1 Like

Yep, pretty much my view on this whole thread.

If cancellations are based on planned events (e.g. con events, live shows), I can see Jabba’s frustration at having a) certain goals not fulfilled, e.g. one-shots; and b) lack of officials comms about the issue on Patreon/Community site.

Similarly, I can see the frustration with long schedule gaps if it’s because of planned events or a guest not being able to keep the weekly commitment.

In this case, it seems like 1) JP had to move, and move without much notice; 2) He’s also figuring out how to juggle technology needed for shows while visiting his GF, which seems like a reasonable learning curve; 3) Despite the move/personal travel, he held a liveshow right before moving, which as someone who moves every 2-years and is well acquainted with the chaos of moving, seems stressful as anything, and attempted to return to regular shows as quickly as possible.

All of which is to say, I appreciate JP working as hard as he is, trying for as much continuity as he can–and all the hard work in the world can’t prevent life disruptions. Based on JP’s tendency towards production-perfection, I doubt he’s being careless or overly slow about noticing and addressing the issues.

4 Likes

Would be the key phrase is what I’m underlining here. Also, only 2 scheduled days left for the guest.

But the two they were supposed to be one where moved/cancled because of circumstances. Circumstances out of anyones control, but moved. So It would be understandable if the guest’s schedule has now become harder to schedule around. That’s all I’m saying. The three weeks they were supposed to be available at set times have passed, so perhaps they have things booked here and there for what would the times they’d appear on the show, thus complicating the scheduling.

Edit: Basically because the weeks that the guessed we’re supposed to be on the show has passed, scheduling them might become a nightmare.

Point 2 has nothing to do with what I was arguing. He was at home last week when the two shows were supposed to happen, but dan got sick. Nothing we can do about that. He’s done an amazing job keeping streams and shows going, and yesterdays trouble with Jazz is unfortunate but unrelated to the points I were trying to make.

Big point I was trying to make is that since the three weeks that were supposed to have contained the guests shows have passed, I would completely understand if these two weeks left become nightmares to schedule. I hope all the best for JP, he’s been doing an amazing job, no doubt. But yes, if JP has massive problems getting these two shows with left with the guest scheduled, it’s understandable, and from a professional perspective it would also be understandable if he decided to drop the guest for now, to perhaps have them return when they can prepare and schedule again.

pretty much. People always kept joining chat and asking about CoS. That is why I started this thread. Due to unforeseen circumstances, CoS has been delayed a few times.

To everyone: Check back on the schedule and @RollPlay on twitter as well as JPs twitter for up to date scheduling information as soon as its known.

Will do! Was mostly just theorizing about potential issues. That I felt were plausible with the current circumstances! Hope to see an announced date soon!

1 Like

next Court of Swords will be on Friday, April 7th @ 4PM Eastern @Dansgaming @skinnyghost @MorganWebb @GassyMexican @itmeJP

— RollPlay® (@RollPlay) March 30, 2017

That 30 day hiatus.

1 Like

Just wanted to pop in and say IDGAF about this scheduling debacle. Enjoy the content when it’s there, otherwise just chill my good internet-friends.
Surely all of us have things to do other than solely wait for a rollplay show.

I believe I’m in a silent majority here.

13 Likes

Thank you! I thought I was the only one. Some of you other people on here need to let this go.
I understand criticising JP when its reasonable and as in to try give your feedback and keep him in check. But so far from the information out there, he couldn’t have done anything about this.
Its not his fault! He wants to run more shows and he probably hates disappointing you guys. But for now give him a break.

3 Likes

We don’t always agree but when we do it’s about this.

Guys there is a difference in fair criticism and just venting your frustration over content you paid 2,5dollars this month for.
Some of these scheduling problems are unavoidable. There is simply nothing to do unless you’re ready to go to the extreme and say JP has to “move everybody in with him and get rid of his social ties to everybody”.
When something like this is unavoidable and JP has already apologized for the lack of content, it’s just a douche move to come here and complain ANYWAY.

Just my 2c.

5 Likes

Can we all just put it aside for now and rejoice in the fact that we are back TODAY! I can’t friggin wait!!

1 Like

Looking forward to todays episode :itmejpexcite:

1 Like

I want to give you some life advice, not everyone will have the same mindset as you. This doesn’t make them wrong or their opinion any less important.

1 Like

And that does nothing to change the fact there people who agree with him. There’s a thread just for complaining. So if anymore complaints need to be made about JP and other cast members having lives and all the difficulties that come with, please take it there where it’s on topic and doesn’t weigh the rest of us down. Please and thank you.

1 Like

Are you also excited for CoS Week 29 coming up in just under 30 minutes? I for one am really excited about it. Really looking forward to see what will happen today

ps i completely agree.

Yes, but sadly I work overnight so I’ll probably just be leaving the stream open and then download the mp3 for work if it’s available.

I was replying to the guy who resurrected this 7 days later. I’m allowed to reply to him.