itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

Suggestion - Patreon Goals - Content

Hello, I´m a Patreon backer and if im not remembering wrong JP was asking at one point if there were anything he could add to the Patreon goals?

Well, I have an idea. What if we could get some content in the breaks? 5-10min breaks is usually the typical Rollplaysongs by Drumurboy (and others) while having a background that is related to the show.

That´s great, however, you could develop that even further,for example get someone like MarkWester to do some character art/world? art and DrumurBoy to do the background music. Each castmember would get a 1-2min screentime where they can get some PR, either with their character in game with a bit of social media contacts on screen or something similar.

I know MarkWester and Drumurboy has been doing this stuff (for free, unless im mistaken?) because they´re fans but to pay them for this would be a nice way for the community to “pay back” through Patreon.

3 Likes

The only issue I can see from this is that during the break (on live streams anyways) is when JP runs ad’s so if you are a patron supporter, not a sub and are watching live you might miss the content your pledging to support.

Not saying its a bad idea. I like it, just bringing up the point that i’m sure that is when JP runs ad’s.

1 Like

Yeah, that IS an issue, I never considered it cause i´ve had Turbo for so long, ads slipped my mind.

Atleast it could be shown on Youtube, only the viewers on stream who dont have turbo or is a sub won´t be able to see it IF JP runs ads, and with editing I guess that also means there could to be a few seconds of intro and outro every break?

1 Like

(Random numbers plucked out of the air)

If the breaks are 5 mins, the ad’s are 3 mins then that leaves 2 mins of time during the break. Run 2 mins of extra content, then the ad’s and then come back. But I’m not 100% on how actuate the timing of the ad’s are though. Wouldn’t want viewers missing the start of stuff because the ad’s ran a little over.

1 Like

I don’t know if this has changed, as I have had Turbo and now Prime for so long, but I have seen five min. ads or longer get played when a streamer runs ads, I once got a 45 min or hour long ad which is what drove me to get Turbo in the first place.

1 Like

Another thing to keep in mind about Ads is that twitch has the bits for Ads program that is available to some.

1 Like

I don’t understand what you are driving at @NoorElBahrain, what about them?

1 Like

Sorry I mean people are voluntary watching ads even though they might have the option to skip them. I think I saw some people with Prime subs or turbo asking about the program.

1 Like

those ads you have select from the bits menu and you have to interact to get the bits ( yes I did a bit of bits farming until I lost the ability to farm)

2 Likes

Sorry OP for the side conversation

@Moose2033 as someone who does not have the option to be in the program would you mind telling me what you mean by interacting to get the bits? I am assuming it means you need to click on the ad?

1 Like

all the ads open a pop-up window, after watching the ad for about 20 seconds, the option to interact in some way becomes available, some ads it is just scrolling around in the ad, others it is taking a brief survey, and others it is visiting a website. the main objective is to make sure you are really watching and not just walking away from your computer

2 Likes

thank you for the explanation :smile:

1 Like