itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

Roleplay show with mature themes

Hi everyone,

So I was a big fan of the Swan Song Rollplay show and Dark Heresy, but for a long time I’ve been searching for a show of a similar type and have been unable to find one.

I tried Blades and Court of Swords, but I just wasn’t feeling it. Blades was a show about “bad” people and that’s hard to pull off, because the characters come out super one dimensional. CoS I wasn’t feeling the players and it was kind of goofy for me. Which is my main problem with most DnD-like shows that I try - they all go for this silly/ funny, let’s not take it serious let’s try to goof around as much as we can.

I’ve also enjoyed Critical Role, but with this final arc right now it’s been a real bore for me. It’s also a bit too “high fantasy lore quests” for my taste.

After I watched the Dogs in the Vineyard one shot, I think my expectations went up to high. I mean I loved that show, I think it is probably the best 4 hours of roleplaying that I’ve seen. And the theme of it is just what I’m looking for.

So my question is - can you suggest something that is of a similar type/ quality as Dogs, Swan Song and Dark Heresy?

I tried watching the first episode of the first season and I really liked the world building, but after that players weren’t willing to roleplay. There was a lot of describing of actions and not much character interaction. I saw some comments complaining about the same thing in the following episodes so I dropped it. But maybe they’ve improved with time as some players tend to loosen up and understand their character more. I might give it another shot :slight_smile:

series 3 isn’t a continuation, it’s a whole new thing! give it a look see, i’m pretty happy with how it’s going

I’ll definitely check it out. Thanks! :slight_smile: