itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

/r/itmejp BANNED from Reddit 3 hours ago!

I feel you! If there’s something you’re missing create a topic and I’m sure the community, cast members and GM’s will come to your aid :smiley: That’s what we’re here for!

Oh the irony. :itmejpfml:

4 Likes

Ya, I have that bookmarked and just yesterday a friend was asking for resources for his SWN game.

This really sucks. Is there any way we can get into contact with the admins to find out why it was banned and at least get a backup of the content?

I did some research and found this 3 posts above yours. :itmejphappy:

Ya, but the link to the Faction Sheet links to /r/itmejp…which is now FUCKED.

Quest get! Let’s find the MVP who has the google drive link!

Well wasn’t our intention to close it. Was convinced by those that wanted to stay on reddit only, and that kept saying that having two places would split the community.

Will close this topic if this keeps going off-topic. Looking forward rather than looking backwards.

This faction sheet?

I dont have a clean one my copy is full of my own campaign

3 Likes

Second this entirely, pretty surprisingly(?) crass response from @itmeJP on the issue, I’m pretty disappointed in that and I gotta categorically disagree.

and on the issue @TwitchSurgeon replied above, for anybody watching the VODs and archives on YouTube I’m not sure they’ll be so informed on the fact that this site even exists as said before, I would imagine that most of the viewership comes from the VODs on YouTube and not from the live viewership but correct me if I’m wrong.

Sure we can make new content but frankly I find that to be a horrendous attitude, I’d argue the community content on previous shows (Original Rollplay, Dark Heresy, Swansong) was fantastic and leaves current content paling in comparison (and given how awesome the older shows were I would even say that given all of the epic and tense moments of the original Rollplay and cast, and a lot of the content created based on that, some of the newer shows leave a lot to be desired but that’s neither here nor there).

But Hey! If it’s gone it’s gone; that’s the final judgement passed down and there’s nothing we can do about it then I guess that’s just how it is. Drama has never failed to find this channel (honestly just check SRD) and the attitude from production regarding this apparently stinks all round.

I’ve never really taken to forums and been a lot of a lurker but I feel quite strongly about this - maybe others do too they’re just all over there busy refreshing the reddit page wondering what happened. At least the BoP Darkside campaign is a good laugh ¯_(ツ)_/¯

4 Likes

Last warning here that if this topic keeps going off-topic I’ll have to close it. Feel free to make other topics or respond in the ones where the subreddit already have been discussed.

I agree. It might be old for those that followed RollPlay since the start (and obviously for JP himself), but many people discover the old RollPlay shows after they encountered the new ones.
Thats the case for me. I discovered Rollplay first through West Marches, then Swan Song.
Those shows compelled me to listen to many older shows.
Now I’m finishing listening to the whole of Solum series, and when they talk about Q&A’s or fanarts/music, I was often curious and tried to find those posted on reddit.
Kinda sad all of it is gone…

2 Likes

Just like you have a right to your opinion He has a right to his too. That does not mean however that you should call it crass. You don’t agree with it, that’s fine, but be respectful of others opinions.
Please respect the rules of this site https://community.itmejp.com/faq

I highly doubt that The viewers on youtube don’t know about it being live or have not checked the livestream of RollPlay once. Furthermore I imagine that those youtube viewers check JP or @RollPlay on twitter or this site.

1 Like

I do everything but view it live, but that’s because I’m typically sleeping and getting ready for work when a stream is up. That said, I am very well aware it is alive.

And I somewhat agree with JP. While it sucks, the closing of the subreddit won’t cripple the community, the cast, or the show. Adam has most of his stuff either saved as google docs or in his books. It’s possible that with poking and prodding, Adam and the other GMs could provide links to the original web documents.

We might have lost the Q&As and any fanfic/fanart that isn’t saved to any third party sights, but quite a bit of that can either be refound or reconstructed, much like the faction sheet above somewhere.

Yeah, it sucks it happened. But the person at fault has already been dealt with. The best we can hope to do is repair the damage and move on. Because we can and are able to repair the damage. And we as a community should be more than willing to do so.

1 Like

It wasn’t a direct response to you it was a general prompt that the topic is about finding information about why it’s closed. However your post wasn’t conducive to the conversation (but still a valid post nonetheless) and looking at the responses it diverted away from the original topic.

From the FAQ guidelines: “Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream”. If you want to discuss JP’s opinion (that’s fine) be aware of this guideline: “You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But, remember to criticize ideas, not people”. Not saying that you did so but if you want to start a new topic that’s the place to criticize the idea of it, there have however already been topics made about us shutting down the subreddit.

Of course you’re in your right to disagree with that as well but do so in a new topic that’s about how to improve the guidelines or how they should be interpreted.

No not at all. If you click on the link icon just below your post (next to the edit pen if it’s your own post OR between the hart and the three dots if it’s someone elses post) there’s a “+ New Topic” that will come up and that will create a new topic from your post and link back to what prompted the new topic.

My point is you could have said insensitive. Crass is more derogatory.

It’s how this is designed. You’re free to create a topic on it’s own to get more visibility on it to get more eyes on it. This topic was about getting answers to the what had happened to the subreddit. This is not a thread but a topic.

It’s also a post on his own private Twitter and not here. You can report it to Twitter if you feel it breaks their guidelines.

The guidelines are the guidelines from the installation, they haven’t been altered or changed. https://community.itmejp.com/faq They’re pretty straight forward. It says stay on topic (or create a new topic), don’t do ad hominem attacks and so on. They’re pretty common sense things.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Subreddit Content Search and Rescue?

I just miss all the Suppy memes :confused:

DID SOMEONE SAY SUPPY??? :daesuppy: :daesuppy: :daesuppy: :daesuppy: :daesuppy: :daesuppy: :daesuppy: :daesuppy: :daesuppy: :daesuppy: :daesuppy: :daesuppy: :daesuppy: :daesuppy: :daesuppy: :daesuppy: :daesuppy: :daesuppy: :daesuppy: :daesuppy: :daesuppy: :daesuppy: :daesuppy: :daesuppy: :daesuppy: :daesuppy: :daesuppy:

3 Likes