itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[P02 Q&A] Necrokings and Devilbabies

all the loot was in the demon’s car, which he left parked IN HELL

3 Likes

it’s always so fucking hard because I don’t wanna be like FLOWERY DESCRIPTION and then be like “okay so he’s resistant did we all get that?” but yeah, information like that is hella important. tricky business.

thank you for the well-wishes, dude - i’m gonna eat so much ramen and hopefully JP and co won’t burn down the internet while i’m gone.

4 Likes

Maybe Mr. Screams can grab it for us.

6 Likes

great episode! :itmejp10:

I’d like to see CoS to move into a “Balance of Power”-esque direction and have different groups sort of ready to roll, when the main cast has scheduling issues. Which this kind of was…

This 2-shot could easily be full blown side arc, and since we’ve already seen Gassy duel wield characters, I’d also like to see a meeting between groups, if the story should ever allow for it. And you know, crash the format and play with a DM, 6 players and 8 characters… WHY NOT?! :itmejpcute::itmejpnation:

1 Like

Really liked the 2 shot. Maybe in future these side paths of CoS could delve in to a bit deeper in the expanded rulesets. Goblins/Kobolds having problems with the undead would be a nice setting and see how it also affects them. Maybe they go to capture silly humies for own devious plans and all they can find is undead. :stuck_out_tongue:

Gotta say that it was nice to see Luthor end the kids life instead of them trying to drag him along. They didn’t have the food and they were matching to death. This is the level of practicality i would like to see from the Marching Band of the Tower in the main series. :smiling_imp:

PS: And only song they play is the sweet lullaby of the church bells.

2 Likes

I just have to say that I loved this two shot so much. Adam, you really killed it with the atmosphere and the scene creation. It felt like you were really in your element telling such a dark story. In particular I loved the nihilist monks waiting for their death.

1 Like

Nice. Keep up the good work and have a great time in Japan <3

So was picking the death card just random or did you actually pull that one specifically out for the,?

You’re describing West Marches (which I am also in favor of, but Rollplay has already gone done that road).

It was a random draw! There are loads of ways to spin stuff and much more ominous cards in the deck though…

Pshhhht don’t say it too loud or they’ll notice… man I miss the format :confused:

But, what I was describing was a little different… there’d be a main group still, and side adventures in the same world…

2 Likes

WM really only started to get truly bad scheduling issues in the later months, when they changed the format. It was originally a new group every week so the audience saw a lot of characters over several very short adventures, and then shifted to to following one group over several weeks/months doing one medium-to-longer adventure. Once they were locked in, it meant they were stuck with those four players, which in many ways broke the West Marches format.

This is, mostly, D&D’s fault. One shots are near impossible after 3rd level.

3 Likes

This was amazing! Thank you Adam, Anne, Dan, Ken and JP.
Lots of suspense in that final fight.

I really hope to see more of the campaign against the necromancer king in the future as small spin-offs of the main show. Has a touch of Westmarches, with small stories in the same world/campaign, and i think that would be something the people would like… wink… notch