itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

Mystery Teaser Tweets

It seems like another “Swan Song Story” to me, at this point. But, it could be something else completely new.

And JP just tweeted that time is 4:20 pct, not 7:20 est. So not July.

I must have missed that. Could you link the tweet if it’s not too much trouble?

My bad. I was seeing your news thread update about linking this topic as a jp tweet. My bad. Very long night tonight.

no worries :smiley: <3

Edit:

:thinking:

1 Like

Okay. Theorycraft.

If we use the Pi Tweets as a precedent, those were 28 consecutive tweets leading directly into the Swan Song live show. So, I still stand that July is too far away. But I doubt it will be the same number of days.

From the tweets, we have a modern naming method, and modern terminology associated with modern weaponry, all of which imply this does not have to do with Blades.

It sounds too serious to be Nebula Jazz or Swan Song, but could be in the same universe.

Honestly, the game system that keeps running into my mind, is Shadowrun.

Because what the tweets are implying is a small group who are supposed to be doing an in and out job to steal a blade, with one lunar cycle to do it(which is a fancy way of saying 29-30 days; also reeks of magic ritualism since almost nobody uses that phrasing), and they ran into a problem named Johnny G, and are trying to escape under fire.

The reason I don’t think it’s Shadowrun is because we’ve already done. Could be doing a later edition. But I feel like it’s a different system.

I aslo feel like it’s a one shot rather than a new show because JP kinda has a full plate with normally three of his streaming days being reserved to instead stream the Rollplay shows for four hours a day.

Great for the Rollplay community, probably “eh” for those who sub to his channel so they can watch him yell at Kelly for wanting to check his e-mail.

So unless JP feels comfortable doing back to back a lot, I don’t think it’s going to happen. Not without cutting one of the other shows. But who knows, could be wrong.

Could it be that Corialis system that’s been a top 5 seller on Drive Thru RPG for like the past month or two?

Replying to edit: So, 7:20 is a date, but don’t think too far ahead? So could it be the timezone difference? JP’s time Central i think, isn’t it? That’s only be 6:20, but still seems pretty far ahead. Idk, I imagine we’ll find out eventually lol.

Could be The Sprawl, then, but Adam is running that for roll20 already.

As I said in the Discord, its Vampire. Masquerade or Requiem.

3 Likes

Oh yes please that would be fun.

Ooh, this would be fun. Although I don’t know how we would all see Discord lol.

I’m putting on my tinfoil hat. I’m putting money on a Delta Green One-off.

1 Like

The Lunar Cycle, the Mob ties(johnny G), the Groups (Clans), all this for a Blade (seems like a artifact)

All this screams like a White Wolf Vampire game.

1 Like

Could be a family within a clan

Seems to be Dark Heresy maybe? New tweet talks about Inquisitors.

Warhammer? I’m not familiar but googling terms hits on 40K stuff.

40K confirmed??

1 Like

Yeah Mon-Keigh seals that deal unfortunately.

For those that don’t know: Mon-keigh is the Eldar (Aeldari) word for humans. So, that’s pretty 40k.

Johnny G is John Grammaticus.

1 Like

The inquisition wasn’t explicitly active in the Heresy though. Just the precursors to the organization. The implication may very well be that Grammaticus is still alive and active post-Heresy, since he technically hasn’t died in official lore (but the game obviously wouldn’t be canon in that case).