itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[E37 Q&A] Parks & Desecration

You remember our venerable house, opulent and imperial, gazing proudly…

6 Likes

@itmeJP You could make another weapon on your character sheet named “Aimed Hand Crossbow”. Then give it -5 attack and +10 damage. For speed.

4 Likes

i always forget to, but yessss

3 Likes

Awesome episode. I like the idea that the forest caught fire, goes with the tower theme. I do have a question about the tower itself or maybe the ‘gods’ of this world: Do they have a physical representation? Like maybe there is actually a tower or something like that?

1 Like

They’re very explicitly not like “real” in that way. They’re a human (mis?)interpretation of the infinite energy of the universe.

1 Like

I drew an Enoch during the show

6 Likes

This looks great! Though not enough slavescough i mean servants. Awesome stuff :slight_smile:

They’re more like friends than servants really

1 Like

@AdamKoebel Awesome as always. It felt like you were channeling your inner Tracy and Laura Hickman. There was a little of the newer Curse of Strahd too in there. I loved it, good work.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

As bummed as I was to lose Jubilant Black Gale (and Azrael!), the potential in Enoch has a lot of draw. The recent huge turmoil, and yet he is still at the heart of it seemingly a Good Man. He’s trying to do the right thing, or help others, in little ways, while the things in the world that he cares about have basically turned to dust (I mean, it was great seeing him, so ready to shrug off anything, begin to get frayed around the edges when his servants went missing). I look forward to getting more of his backstory. I hope, once we see the Star here, Enoch is at the heart of it. Or at the very least, that some of that Hope shines on him too.

1 Like

Is there a difference between the spirits like the Firesmith or the spirit in the library and the gods?

@AdamKoebel Great episode, the Bloodborne and Darkest Dungeon vibes were a really nice touch.

If a player uses a magical weapon, for example Max with the Apology of Emperor Fay(Spelling?), can they choose what type of damage they deal, as in Magic damamge or Bludgeoning damage? If not, would it be possible to change Max weapon so that it says it does Magic damage? It seems to be something that gets forgotten from time to time, since you also mentioned during the Patreon video that the trees were resistant to bludgeoning damage.

The Courts get more and more interesting with every episode, great work so far and looking forward to what comes next.

1 Like

I don’t think it matters in this case as the stock Awakened Tree just says it’s resistant to bludgeoning and not “bludgeoning from non-magic weapons” as some other creatures so I assume it’s resistant regardless if the attack is magical or not. But probably a good idea to put “magical bludgeoning” in the damage field for future encounters.

@TheDesec approves the title of this episode! :itmejpgmleft::itmejpgmlol::itmejpgmright:

Someone mentioned this on the Patreon page.

Is this rule clarification relevant to JP’s 5 Crossbow attacks?

““Does the fighter’s Action Surge feature let you take an extra bonus action, in addition to an extra action?” Action Surge gives you an extra action, not an extra bonus action.” That’s from http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/sage-advice/rules-answers-august-2015

Tis a bit of a jargon lingo so I’m a bit lost.

1 Like

In this case, he still gets 5 attacks. 2 from his attack action, 2 more from his using another full attack action due to action surge, and then his bonus action attack.

Edit to make it clearer: If he DID get another bonus action, then he’d actually get a 6th attack.

1 Like

Ah I see. Thank you!

1 Like

Wasn’t that all discussed in the previous episode? I remember JP and Adam discussing it while JP was shooting like a Stormtrooper.

1 Like

“Do i know what language they are speaking to each other? Because i speak Orc.”

I wonder why they don’t like humans…

3 Likes