itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

Court of Swords - Fan Wiki (WiP, Help Welcome!)

Hey! This is great! If you need any support, throw me or @RollPlay a tweet and weā€™ll see what we can do.

8 Likes

If you need a hand with writing articles, I have a fanatical obsession with CoS and would love to help with it.

Omg yes plz thank you so much i am bad at writing articles but i am great at statistics

im going through every episode and doing general notes and i will make pages bassed on them but im not so good at filling in the information like background and lore on all the pages
(i love numbers tho)

3 Likes

Cool, give me a discord or some other way to contact you so we can hash shit out

@Aidanmckinney and @saberthedarklord Thanks for being awesome! :itmejpheart:

3 Likes

i added a section on the home page for How to contribute so everyone can contribute to the site. :slight_smile:

1 Like

moving this post to the CoS section.

Is it possible to put into 2 sections? CoS and the wiki section?

How about moving the topic to the wiki section and renaming it, something like:

Court of Swords - Fan Wiki (WiP, Help Welcome!)

1 Like

That could work.

no sorry

1 Like

Is there still interest in working on this? I know little about the coding part of a wiki but Iā€™m willing to learn. I would love for Court of Swords to have a wiki on par with the Swan Song one, and what we have is a great start!

I am interested. Just filled in a bit of one of the West Marches wiki entries for practice last week; was planning to re-watch CoS from 51 sometime soon, so Iā€™ll try to add things as I go.

Thatā€™s great! Iā€™m starting at the very beginning and working my way through the episodes. I am, as predicted, absolute pants at the coding side of things but hopefully Iā€™ll get better as I go along!

1 Like

Feal free to use facts about the Farang from this thread to the wiki :blush:

1 Like

Cheers, thank you!

Hi guys. I have written up episode descriptions for the first two weeks of Court of Swords on the wiki. Theyā€™re here: Week One and Week Two. I must say, while listening to the episodes again, I have an even greater appreciation for @AdamKoebelā€™s skill at world creation. There are so many details and hints at the bigger picture crammed into the opening chapters of the CoS saga, itā€™s truly stunning. No wonder the series is still going strong nearly seventy episodes later!

The wiki is very much a work in progress, so feedback is much appreciated.

3 Likes

Awesome work, @grahamtugwell , Iā€™m also making a bit of progress, albeit a bit more slowly and spottily. So far, I extended the episode I have added a fair bit to Episode 51. I am curious whether leaving it in such a state for now seems acceptable to you?

Furthermore, I am hoping to ask for help from someone more experienced in such things with the Episode Infobox, which is on the upper-right of each episode article. I havenā€™t the slightest clue how, for example, to convince it to read ā€œSeason 4, part 1;ā€ there seems to be no pattern to the way the infobox reacts to various inputs and additions, and a great many of these are broken. Help!

Edit: I found something that may help here: http://rollplay-court-of-swords.wikia.com/wiki/Help:PortableInfoboxes, which seems to reflect a broad update to all of the wikia-hosted sites in general. It would be worth double-checking the other ones (Swan Song, e.g.) if youā€™ve worked on them, just to make sure those are working. Iā€™ll report in here with my success making the conversion.

2 Likes

Another note, or rather, request: It would be lovely to have access to the CoS theme elements, i.e. from the overlays and art from the series vis-a-vis http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Border_box_float. I donā€™t know whether the artist spends any time on the forums (perhaps a mod might tell me), but it would be excellent if we could do themed content highlights in this way. If it is possible, Iā€™d love to get image files of overlays/ overlay elements that could be employed using the wiki.

Oh, and the font from the overlays would be amazing, if that is available. If itā€™s a font thatā€™s available elsewhere, the name would be sufficient; otherwise, I would love to have access to it for items like titles, etc. (Honestly Iā€™m not certain about the practicality of using external fonts on wikia, but if it were available Iā€™d even consider adding it as an image file, heh).

If this is possible, it would be wonderful to know; even better would be to have access to both the old and new overlay styles once the new one is available, so perhaps not until the new one shows up.

1 Like

Hi @ZykBRooster - ep 51 looks great to me, all the essentials are there, ready to be expanded and linked to. I agree, the infobox is a bit of a mess. I tried to do a bit of fixing, but my lack of coding skills and fear of irreprably breaking something stopped me from doing anything too drastic! Thatā€™s a great idea, cross checking with the other wikis, as soon as I have a free day Iā€™ll look into that! Iā€™m going to keep working my way throught the episodes, if you have any feedback, let me know.