itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[COURT OF SWORDS // E78 // Q&A] Little Brother Shadow

Yeah, it’s great! :itmejplol:

ah, fair. I was unaware if was only UA still. :man_shrugging:I guess.

Forget the promise of passing intelligence and wisdom checks, for in the grim dark future there is only Berg.

100% totally allowed.

6 Likes

New body, who dis? This is a really exciting idea. Also, will he have new racial bonuses? And what race does he now count as? Warforged seems the most obvious, but not sure if you and Max have already planned that out.

Regardless, I’m incredibly excited for where Berg goes from here! Amazing DMing as always Adam :adamwizard:

2 Likes

Nice! I assumed this was probably in your head already. Will you mention his options to Max before next Tuesday? Keep up the good work by the way, the weird stuff is the best. Gimme more of that Appendix N goodness.

I assume that will happen when Berg leaves heaven and officially gets his new body.

Right but he’s not going to be like okay Max you’re now a Dwarf Cleric with 8 STR. In my mind he’ll ask what he’s interested in and explain possible options, he’ll then use that to base the story upon.

I think this was the two parts of Berg’s soul, the upper and lower soul. Berg would need both to retain his identity and memory when he comes back to “life”.

2 Likes

Ah. Thank you. I forgot about their names but thanks for telling me what they actually are.

No shit, when you revealed MechaBerg, my mind immediately thought “Holy shit, CoS 40k, finally”

I can’t remember for sure but elemental alignment is tied to a players soul right? So even with all this Berg stays Water? How do you treat monsters like the Rakshasa or items that require a certain alignment good/evil for an extra effect in the Court of Swords world (5e went away from this mostly but there seems to be a few holdover ones)? Do you plan on ignoring that mechanic, having it tied to their elemental sign, determining yourself based on how they’ve played their character, or possibly replacing it with their souls dharma/karma accrual based on how well they’ve followed their fortune?

Adam, i am having alittle problem with continuity on this episode Pravat Halfelven is dead, confirmed by yourself “smahed by justice.” so who really has Zeke’z dagger now?

Eh, if it didn’t happen on screen did it REALLY happen?

1 Like

He got better

He’s half alien and has the Wolverine healing mutation or the scarabs rebuilt him.

He took Retconol Extra Strength.

if it didn’t happen onscreen i can change my mind lol

3 Likes

That makes me sad. Not because you changed your mind but because you missed out on a chance to do something really cool with this. Like have a character that is stalking Kali for some reason and knows about the dagger and the girl and then i donno wants to screw Kali over or something, i dont know i’m not that creative.

I mean, if this was any tv show, if the antagonist doesn’t die on screen he always come back. This is one of the most typical tropes that exists everywhere.