itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[court of swords // e66 // q&a] bmx

knock knock open up the door

7 Likes

I really wanted to see what would of happened with an enslaved Mara demon, why did you have to release him Adam! Kappa

6 Likes

Hot damn, Court of Swords continues to blow me away. Excellent work from the whole cast.

6 Likes

So when does Kalimat get consumed by Mara? Because he was spewing straight H E R E S Y when they were in the train. Talking about going against destiny and all that. From what I understand of morality in the setting, what he was saying was the definition of evil to those who follow the Arcana.

1 Like

Technically there was no determined fate at the time. He was just saying 'Do what you want… You want to have a relationship? Do it."

Until a fortune is read, it is like Schrodinger’s Destiny. Any path you choose is your path until you are conscious of the choice… then there is right and wrong.

5 Likes

So theoretically speaking, if you were using the old system of awarding xp, how much xp would the mighty door give? (great work as always!)

1 Like

There is always a path set forth by the Fountain, even if you don’t know what it is. Otherwise no one would ever bother doing readings, since readings would only restrict them.

@AdamKoebel Lore question regarding Agni and Ramus’ relationship. I know he doesn’t have the stats for it, but if he did, could he multi-class into a Fey Warlock with Agni is the Patron?

3 Likes

What would have happened if Berg had succeeded in the roll to break Farsad’s neck? Would the mara have let him die?

Restrict them? No… Punish ‘conscious rebellion’.
An interesting perspective and one that I have in real life… My point stands from a philosophical stand point.

1 Like

What might be the ramifications of enslaving a Mara with an implement of Justice?

3 Likes

So can Mara die if they are within someone else? Or do they just peace out once the host “dies”, and go back to hell.

1 Like

oh man, my mind was racing trying to think what that might be like!

4 Likes

The Mara technically have no form, so death isn’t possible for them, merely banishment.

4 Likes

To that I say “Bring it.”

4 Likes

I can’t imagine it’s never been imagined before, but I doubt its ever gone well - we saw the platinum implements utrix used to imprison the balor, right?

2 Likes

I think the Mara would have fled, then, yeah.

1 Like

uhhhh, yeah let’s say “sure why not”

4 Likes

a big zero on that one

1 Like

Two things, Sali is still technically dying because no one healed him, and Banishing a Mara would keep them in the fiend/Mara plane, not harmless plane because he is not naturally from this plane.

2 Likes