itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[COURT OF SWORDS // E125 // Q&A] The Fated Fortress

YOU SHALL NOT PASS
or, uhhh, I guess you shall?

6 Likes

Just a reminder: they were in the void since the end of episode 104. Welcome home!

5 Likes

Hey Adam
Care to answer a few more of my questions?
What’s the biggest ratio of weight and height a playable character can have in the party?
Since I missed most of the episode I was wondering that gate guardian was a God? What pantheon or Arcana did it branch off to and belonged in?
Are there more of ‘‘rouge Gods’’ like her still around or did the party murder hobo most of them?
Can a Barbarian Berserk multi class into let’s say warlock?
How much can a person multi class? Like how much classes can he be? Only 2 or more?

So i asked at the start of the show, how the players knew the tarov cards where fake/uinreal.
The ansver i got what “they are” the audience was told they where, but it was said in the recap like it was something that was already open to the PC’s.
I very much asked in which way the PC found that out last episode, not if it was true.

Ahh, so when I said “false tarot” I meant it like, “false church” or whatever, where they’re unofficial and therefore blasphemous and false.

1 Like

Ah ok, so misunderstanding of the word false.

How long until heaven get suspicious of missing report/response from the guardian sisters?

Knowing Adam and what was happening in the Court when they left, there might not be much of a home left for them to come to. Can’t wait to see how this all shakes out.

Overall I feel the Guardian did a pretty solid job: Didn’t let UnNamed through alive, kept her one half of Maharib/Amira if the other gets sacrificed statement and added the bonus of knocking Maharib out not dead but as close too as he could get.
Her Ramus fake-soul sensor seems to not work, but that seems an overall heaven problem and is not so much on her, so I think she should get a fountain promotion.

5 Likes

How would the Guarding of the gate react to the party trying to get past her with the soulless members, “dead” via the Feign Death spell? would that work? would there be a roll? or would her telepathy just go NOPE.

1 Like

man now I’m super curious of whats gonna happen when the mara find out that the opportunity vein leads to and open gate to the world thats gotta spark a war of epic proportions right? literally all the mara are gonna want to control this vein now.
I bet its fountain juice output also went nuts with the gate open like that.

It’s funny to me that it worked out exactly as she said it would. Sacrificing Amira would let Maharib through and the only way through for UnNamed was to be dead.

Now they get the bonus of a wide open gate for the Mara to traverse from the other side as a bonus.

1 Like

This was a great one. Too bad the party didn’t manage to talk their way through,

Pretty sure Ramus won’t hesitate to steal the next soul he comes across to bring Unnamed back. Or perhaps the necromancer king will be able to offer another bespoke one.

Really worried about the party letting Amirah go, as an NPC, too easily. But I’ll have to wait and see.

edit: Oh, and what happened to Little Action’s head? Ramus never checked it out when it started rustling.

P.S. Re: De-formatting text (GM prep) - The most convenient way I’ve found to remove text formatting is to paste it into a web browser’s address bar, then copy it from there. Works on most anything, in my experience.

2 Likes

They didn’t go through the Opportunity Vein, the one they went through is separate but is not too far from Opportunity at Bug Fucker’s Farm.

For sure though if the end of that Vein is still open at the Farm, there could be a major Mara incursion, especially as The Fool Inverse was headed to Opportunity and there was all that fighting as they were leaving the city.

2 Likes

Would different veins. potentaly lead to different places at the gate, and other guardins? or are all veins gathinering up at this one place? have the answer to this question changed because of the ending of how forgotten stuff end up in the trash bin ever since tehy killed the forgotten god underneath the sun temple?

I think the guardian mentioned her sisters at the other gates.

Heaven is responding to emergency calls on a little bit of a delay. She’ll be broken down and reabsorbed into the fountain, then reconstituted in the Arcana of Judgement, then they’ll figure it out. So not never but like, soon. Enough time for some slippery sneaks to come on through, of course…

3 Likes

She has perfect senses, so illusions don’t work but a necromancy spell like Feign Death might have!

1 Like

The gates are guarded, and the only part of the Vein heaven knows about. They just see them as portals into the weird helldimension they don’t understand where sometimes bad shit oozes out, and so Judgement protects them, but they don’t research them or anything.

1 Like

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah.

1 Like