itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[COURT OF SWORDS // E113 // Q&A] the Fool's Errand

a whole lot of stuff and then BAM, a vampire.

5 Likes

Can we please get Ramus some inspiration for the Yotta body conversation? It was truly excellent.

4 Likes

Maharib HP: 15 HP (first HD, d10 max + 5 CON modifier) + 11 HP * 11 levels (subsequent HD, each 6 average + 5 CON modifier) = 136 HP.

PHB pg 177: "If your Constitution modifier changes, your hit point maximum changes as well, as though you had the new modifier from 1st level. "

3 Likes

Hey @AdamKoebel does King Taoti have any relations to the Mara because he was talking all highly of Hell when he was freed by Kalimat?
Do you think this would be a good theme song for Berg when raging? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBdnti4_UUg (Headphones warning loud guitar riff at the beginning)
What does Hell have to do with the Court of Void? Do they have any relations to one another?
Also the Hezrou figure is in the making and will be sent to you when it’s finished ^^
One more thing what does itmeJP have to protect the videos on Twitch to keep his videos re viewed on sub only mode?

Hell is a place in Heaven, has nothing to do with the Void or the Mara.

2 Likes

Hell is a subsection of Heaven. It doesn’t have to do with the Mara or the Void. Adam has a cosmological picture that shows this. He was just a god of Heaven that thought bad souls should be tortured before reincarnation and his ideas weren’t popular at the time.

2 Likes

Awesome episode as always. I kind of want to put the whole character movement in perspective. Running 60 feet in 6 seconds is not that fast when it is just running straight from A to B. An NFL player with a 40yd dash time of 4.5 seconds is equal to 160 feet in 6 seconds. So the players are moving at more of a jog/slow run than a sprint. Helps me with the visual of how fast they are moving.

2 Likes

Still @AdamKoebel there are ‘‘Mara born’’ what does it mean?

1 Like

Shadow Sorcerer is one of my favourite subclasses in the whole game, nice to see it in action on Court of Swords.

Mara-born is just another way to say “tiefling or void genasi”

2 Likes

I will be very disappointed if by the end of this campaign Ramus isn’t some sort of patron for up and coming warlocks. Great episode as always.

What do the void coins look like? Would a priest or someone like that from the main world look at them and see markings and know they were mara linked? Also I find it interesting that in the main world things like the presence of zombies and ghosts are linked to the mara but there hasn’t been any of that in the void, very curious if a ghost is just something like an astral projection of someone from the void in the main realm.

2 Likes

If you aren’t spoiler averse. I would recommend watching Adam’s most recent GM prep. He might have touched on haunted places in it.

What would be the High Arcana equivalent of Illmater? I feel like Berg is basically a scion of whatever that force is. Maybe he could become the champion theof? The minor good of bad luck we already met doesn’t quite seem like it. What tarot represents endurance and strength in suffering? It might be cool to see Berg become a paladin, even. If it weren’t for his Charisma.

My understanding is that it kind of depends on what you mean by endurance and strength. Strength is a good candidate for emotional/spiritual wellness, but The Chariot is also about overcoming obstacles (though I think it is generally more physical than Strength). Adam’s particular interpretation may be different, but here is a source for tarot information https://www.thetarotguide.com/major-arcana

Good episode, I hope when they get back to the material plane @itmeJP and @DansGaming work on building a keep and temple. A home base I think would add a lot of fun and permanency to their world.

I meant more of a strength in the sense of growth via suffering. Illmater is Faerun stuff, and I’m familiar with the tarot generally. But like you mentioned, I was curious mostly about the adaptations made within the game that’d be closest.

Is there a way to see the charsheets after the stream?

Week 113 roll results and statistics:

Ramus Krill (DansGaming):
Roll 1
  • type: Skill check
  • Skill: Initiative
  • Roll: 19
  • Modifier: +2
  • Result: 21
  • Advantage: 0

Berg (GassyMexican):
Roll 1
  • type: Skill check